At Ikona IT, we’re always interested in hiring the best to continue delivering the best for our clients. As such we’re looking for a dynamic, personable, flexible, enthusiastic individual to join our progressive IT team.
Working out of our modern Cardiff office with our friendly team, you’ll be working with a range of progressive businesses throughout Wales and the UK.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to customers and leading on the delivery of technical projects.
As this role is customer facing, strong interpersonal skills are required along with a smart and professional appearance. Company vehicles are provided but on the rare occasion, a personal vehicle may sometimes be required but when needed, a mileage allowance is provided.
– Take ownership of major incidents / problems ensuring focus on quickly restoring services to normal operation within agreed client SLA.
– Responsible for all escalated users queries or issues and personally resolving them to full resolution.
– Develop strong relationships with key members of functional areas and business stakeholders, ensuring they are consistently satisfied with the availability and the performance of IT services, ensuring corrective action is put in place within realistic timescales but ensuring customer expectations are managed.
– You will be responsible for the regular maintenance of client systems.
Key Skills Essential:
– At least 2 years’ experience of a similar customer facing support role liaising with business stakeholders at all levels.
– Excellent configuration / troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills.
– You will have some have experience of project-delivery.
– A committed and highly self-motivated professional with experience of working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment who can demonstrate initiative, have proven skills in operational service and experience of working in an environment where priorities are constantly changing.
– Flexible and the ability to change focus quickly but not lose sight of what needs doing.
– Have the aptitude to go that extra mile for your customer.
– Windows Server 2008 onwards
– Active Directory / Microsoft Azure
– Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
– Network & Storage fabrics
– Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
– Connectivity solutions including both data and voice technologies (MPLS, VLAN, VPN, Terminal Services, Firewalls, SIP, ADSL / VDSL)
-Experience with Apple Mac
– Experience with PSA and RMM tools.
If you have a certification such as a CCNA, Network+ or Microsoft Certified Professional / MCSA qualification, you’ll have a head start over other candidates.
We offer all our team regular Professional Development Reviews (PDR) where we will work with you to identify the training you need to help you grow.
This is an excellent opportunity offering any candidate the next step in their career progression and a continually challenging day to day environment.
Competitive salary offered depending on experience. If you are interested in this position please send a CV to email@example.com